In today’s competitive market, a top quality seam often determines whether you receive word of mouth referrals or not. Special attention must be given to seam craftsmanship - your AccuGlide will be your secret weapon.
To achieve a super clean seam a few key requirements must be met, including rigidity, precision and reduced vibration. The AccuGlide’s unique rigid design virtually eliminates vibration and deflection for seam cuts unparalleled by any other machine on the market.
Here’s the secret recipe to a perfect seam cut…
- Dry fit the seam in the shop. Use a straight edge to true up the front edge of the seam.
- Place 1/16" plastic horseshoe shims in the middle and on each end of the seam. This sets the seam up at a slight angle, opening up the seam just a bit at the top edge.
- Cut through the center of the seam (and through the shims) with your AccuGlide saw using the BQTCR8 or BQTTZ8 continuous rim QT™ Blade. TIP: Some fabricators prefer to pull the AccuGlide backwards through their seam.
- Remove the shims and discard. Once the shims are pulled from the bottom of the seam, the stone will have a slightly angled cut for a tight fit on top and a slight reveal on the bottom for improved bond and adhesive retention.
Is It Worth It?
YES! Mirror cutting each and every seam takes only a few minutes, and guarantees a perfect seam fit, cancelling out any chips or seam misses.
Incorporating this practice into each and every kitchen will help you to achieve the ideal balance between quality craftsmanship and speed of production. You can blow your competition out of the water with the best seams in your area. And the best part is, it only takes a few extra minutes and the right tools to achieve this huge advantage!
When teamed up with an AccuGlide Saw, the OMNI CUBED Stealth Seamer™ Automatic makes virtually flawless seams, and it makes them much faster than other methods. We recommend this specific seam setter because it puts you in control - for a tight seam without lippage. Check out the video below to see the OMNI CUBED Stealth Seamer™ Automatic in action...
TOOLS & TOOLING LIST
- AccuGlide 3000PRO, 3000QT, or Classic Saw
- Continuous rim QT™ seam blade (Item Code: BQTCR8 or BQTTZ8)
- OMNI CUBED Stealth Seamer™ Automatic or another high quality seam setter (OMNI CUBED also offers more economic seam setter options such as the Seam Setter VCM or VCA)
- Several 1/16" plastic horseshoe shims